Let’s face it, curl maintenance is no joke and is not for the faint of heart or the impatient. It’s a full time job that requires patience, product that works and most importantly, listening. I get questions about my hair constantly, so I decided to document what it’s like to maintain my hair for a week, including products and the various style stages my hair goes through. Check out the video to see my full week with my natural hair routine. I’ve also included some of the styles I wore. Every season, the needs of my hair can change so daily I check in and make sure that my strands are getting what they need.
As for products, I don’t use that many when it comes to during a week with my natural hair routine. They are all very simple and easy to use. Here’s a list of some that I used in the video:
- Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner W/Jojoba & Sea Kelp
- OGX Pracaxi Oil Deeply Restoring Recovery Combing Cream
- OGX Locking + Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream
- OGX Pracaxi Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Garden of life coconut oil
- Design Essentials Silk Essentials
- Design Essentials Sleek Max Edge Control Maximum Hold Gel
I like mixing drugstore and mid-range products, especially if my hair is responding well to it. Let me know what your haircare routine is like in the comments.